These Cheesy Taquitos, they Are Filled up with Chicken, Cream Cheese, Salsa, And Spinach Which Why Are Great As Appetizers and Sometimes A Main Dish.
Now I wanted to share with you our favourite taquitos recipe Cream Cheese and Chicken Taquitos. Which are taquitos? A Mexican dish composed of a little tortilla that is rolled around a filling of cheese and meat and deep-fried.
They are very much like this chicken tacos we make all of the time, but they have cream cheese, salsa, and baby spinach mixed in with this too. Tacos usually are folded, and these taquitos (aka Flautas) are wrapped. I love this recipe and it has turned into a family favorite since.
The next thing that I love about this recipe is they are great to produce as the principal dish or an appetizer. In any event I understand you’ll love these cream-cheese and Chicken Taquitos since they’re DELICIOUS.
Please, if you recreate this Cream Cheese and Chicken Taquitos recipe, don’t forget to give me STAR RATE (★★★★★) or comment below. Thanks!
Cream Cheese and Chicken Taquitos
- 6 oz cream cheese softened
- 3 cups chicken cooked and shredded
- ½ cup salsa
- ⅓ cup sour-cream
- 1 ½ cups baby-spinach chopped and stems removed
- 1 ½ cups colby-jack-cheese
- 12 6 inch corn-tortillas
- vegetable or canola-oil for frying
- Heat ½" oil in a sauce-pan on medium-heat.
- In a big bowl blend together the chicken, cream cheese, sour cream, coriander, co-jack and lettuce. Add pepper & salt to taste.
- When oil is hot (put hand over pan(over mentioned oil, to sense warmth) & add a couple tbsp of chicken/cream cheese mix into the middle of a tortilla and distribute. Roll up & place down seam in oil with tongs. Cook till golden brown on each side.
- Repeat till the tortillas stuffed, fried and rolled. Then place on paper-towels to drain.
- Serve and enjoy.