All these Tex Mex Loaded Sweet Potato Skins are a True crowd pleaser. A tasty full meal full of carbohydrates and protein that is quite simple to make.
These potato skins are fantastic for a buffet since they seem very tempting and so are good when cold. If making in advance it is ideal to drizzle your lime juice or lemon on top the avocado to prevent it from going brown.
These potato skins are dairy-free and are topped with cubes of avocado and coriander or cilantro. The ideal mixture of spice of chilli peppers, sourness from lime and sweetness in the sweet potatoes.
You may use any vegetables you like for all these sweet potato skins. The most crucial ingredients (following the sweet potato) are beans, lime juice or lemon, avocado and coriander.
Tex Mex Loaded Sweet Potato Skins
- 6 medium sweet potatoes
- 1 cup sweetcorn precooked
- 2 avocados
- 1 chilli de-seeded
- 1 bunch of coriander or cilantro
- 1 lime
- 1 cup black beans
- slice of onion
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1 tsp garlic
- Cut off the ends every sweet-potato then cut to half. Then put the skin side-down on a baking-sheet and bake in the oven for one-hour in 400°F till tender.
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool for a couple minutes and scoop-out the insides of those sweet-potatoes, being cautious not to tear through skin.
- Place the sweet-potato skins back in the oven at 200°F to crisp-up, but not burnt off, as you make the filling.
- Mix together the sweet-potato flesh with all the black-beans, sweet corn, quartered cherry tomatoes, sliced chilli, roughly chopped cilantro or coriander, juice of the limes and minced garlic to make the filling.
- Just take the skins-out from the oven and then load your sweet-potato skins with all the filling.
- Top the vegan loaded sweet potato skins with cubes of coriander and avocado.
- Serve and enjoy!