White chicken chili is a healthy, creamy and is made with green chile and chicken, as well as corn and blended chickpeas for thick, creamy texture.
This white chicken chili recipe is easy to make in the slow cooker. It will quickly become a family favorite. Serve with tortilla chips, cilantro, and avocado.
This white chicken chili is easy to make and making it the perfect recipe to meal-prep or serve in the weekend.
To store: this white chicken chili will stay good in your fridge for about 5 days just put t in an airtight-container without the additional toppings.
To freeze: you can put this chicken chili in the freeze for up to 3 months. When you are ready to eat, thaw the chili overnight and reheat in the microwave or on the stovetop.
Healthy White Chicken Chili
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 1½ lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs or chicken breast
- ¼ tsp dried oregano
- 1 can mild green chiles or sub 2 seeded and diced jalapenos
- 1 medium lime juiced
- 1 medium white onion chopped
- 4 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 2 15 oz cans chickpeas rinsed and drained
- ¼ tsp coriander
- Freshly ground black pepper
- ½ cup frozen corn
- ⅓ cup fresh chopped cilantro
- ¾ tsp salt plus more to taste
- ½ tbsp olive oil
For the garnish:
- Extra cilantro
- Extra lime wedge
- Tortilla strips or chips
- Avocado slices
- Add olive oil in a large-Dutch-oven or large-pot and heat on medium-high-heat. Then add the onion and green chilies and cook till softened for 3-4 minutes.
- Stir in the cumin, dried oregano, chili powder and coriander. allow the to cook for 30 seconds. Then add in chicken broth, 1 can of chickpeas drained (about 1½ cups chickpeas), and uncooked chicken breast, pepper and salt.
- Then simmer on medium-low-heat for 20-30 min. After 20 minutes, remove the chicken with a slotted-spoon. Then use two forks to shred it. Next, add cilantro and fresh lime juice.
- Add the remaining can of rinsed and drained chickpeas (1½ cups chickpeas), ½ cup water (or broth), and then add to a blender. Blend till smooth. If necessary, add a little more water.
- Pour blended chickpeas in a soup pot. Stir in cilantro, lime juice, and corn. Let the soup simmer for another 5-10 minutes. Serve with tortilla chips, extra lime wedge and avocado.
Please! if you like this recipe, If Pin it to your favorite board NOW!
You can see the full recipe here ambitiouskitchen.