This Ground Turkey Sweet Potato Skillet is going to be prepared to eat in half an hour and this is so easy and full of flavour. It is a ideal one pan meal for the family to enjoy!
I chose to make something with sweet potatoes since I had a great deal of sweet-potatoes in my kitchen. I thought about creating my favorite sweet-potato soup, but my family said he felt like eating something.
So, I chose to create this gluten-free, one-pan Ground Turkey with Sweet Potato Skillet to heat us up a little. It’s so simple and fast to create and also the best part: it is healthy.
In half an hour, this dish will be prepared to dig , and you’ll be astounded by how flavourful it’s. It’s unquestionably a flavorful comfort food to share the pleasure.
Tips to Ground Turkey Sweet Potato Skillet recipe:
- It’s possible to first cook the sweet potato and insert it in the pan once the floor turkey is cooked.
- Do not irritate your skillet using sweet potatoes since this veggie takes forever to cook, and you might burn your own food. If your cast iron skillet is 9-10 inches, then the perfect number of diced sweet potato is between 2-3 cups.
- Cover the skillet with a lid and lower the heat to moderate to cook the sweet potato quicker.
- Some readers stated they added spinach, spinach, and mushroom also, making this recipe much more flavorful and nutritious. I have made this recipe with broccoli and green beans, and it worked really nicely, also. Therefore, be open to adding more veggies if you desire.
- You might even add a second spice that you have on your kitchen to make this recipe much more flavourful. Based on a readers’ reviews, this recipe can also be great with cumin, curry, paprika, sage, carrot powder, onion powder, coriander, rosemary, and hot sauce.
Ground Turkey Sweet Potato Skillet
- 1 lb free-range extra-lean ground-turkey you also can use grass-fed ground-beef
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella-cheese If you’re doing whole30 or following paleo diet, don’t add cheese
- 1 ½ cups sweet-potato diced
- ½ cup onions diced
- ½ cup yellow-pepper diced
- 1 tsp garlic clove minced
- salt and freshly-ground black-pepper
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive-oil
- pinch of red-chili flakes Optional
- fresh parsley for garnishing Optional
- In a cast iron-skillet, heat the olive-oil on medium-high-heat.
- Add the ground-turkey and garlic. Use a wooden-spoon to divide the turkey as it cooks. Stir occasionally and cook for 5minutes.
- Add the yellow-peppers and onions, cook till the onions are tender.
- Add the red-chili flakes, sweet-potato, pepper and salt.
- Cover the skillet and cook till the sweet-potatoes are tender. Do not forget to stir periodically. If needed, add more olive-oil or a tiny bit of water to cook the sweet-potatoes quicker.
- While the sweet-potatoes are cooking, preheat the oven to 400ºF.
- When the sweet-potatoes are tender, then add the shredded mozzarella-cheese, and set the skillet in the oven to melt the cheese.
- Once the cheese melts, remove from the oven and garnish with parsley.