Roasted cauliflower is a simple and quick dish to make. When roasted, cauliflower tastes nutty and slightly sweet.
This spicy roasted cauliflower recipe, we toss cauliflower florets with a generous quantity of ancho chili powder, smoked paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, salt, and cayenne pepper for a few spices.
Any chili powder will work for this particular recipe, however, we adore utilizing ancho chili powder, that feels sweet, fruity and mild.
Smoked Paprika is made from smoked and dried pimiento peppers. It provides a deep smoky taste. Unless noted on the packaging, it is not typically spicy and rather is light and a little sweet.
For your chili lime roasted cauliflower, we add one extra step prior to serving. To actually pump up the tastes, we spritz the juice with a couple of lime wedges across the roasted cauliflower and throw in some chopped scallions.
Please, if you like this Chili Lime Roasted Cauliflower recipe, don’t forget to give me STAR RATE (★★★★★) or comment below. Thanks.
Chili Lime Roasted Cauliflower
- 1 medium head cauliflower (about 1 ¼ lbs), cut into small florets
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ⅛-¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- 2-3 lime or lemon wedges
- 1 tsp ancho chili powder
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 1 scallion ends trimmed and finely sliced
- ¼ tsp fine sea salt
- 2 tbsp olive oil grape seed oil or neutral flavored oil
- Heat the oven to 425°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat, lining the pan isn't completely essential, but this helps with cleanup.
- In a large bowl, then toss the cauliflower florets using all the oil, salt, chili powder, smoked paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, and cayenne pepper.
- Add the seasoned florets into the baking sheet. Spread them out, facing as lots of the flatter borders down on the baking sheet so they brown well.
- Roast till the edges are brown and crisp and the insides are tender for 20-35 minutes. After 20 minutes, then give the cauliflower a stir to promote even browning.
- Serve tossed with the a squeeze of lime juice and scallions.