This dish is quick and easy to make with inexpensive ingredients, including rotisserie chicken. This main dish is great for quick weeknight meals, or when you don’t want dinner to be complicated.
This delicious chicken casserole is great with a caesar salad, breadsticks. But any vegetable would be good with it.
Follow the instructions on the box to cook the pasta. Drain the pasta and mix it with the marinara sauce and seasoning. Allow to simmer for a few more minutes or until the pasta is warm.
Chicken Parmesan and Pasta Casserole
- ½ lb pasta about 3 cups dry
- 1 small rotisserie chicken pulled into small pieces
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup grated parmesan
- 2 tbsp melted butter
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ¾ cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 24 oz jar marinara or spaghetti sauce
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- Pre-heat the oven to 350°F. Grease a medium-sized baking dish and cook the pasta according to the package instructions. Drain the pasta in a large pot or pan.
- Mix the pasta with the marinara sauce and chicken, half of the mozzarella, half of the parmesan and 1-2 tsp of Italian seasoning.Add the marinara sauce and chicken to the pot.
- Let the mixture simmer for a while on medium-low-heat. Spread it onto the bottom baking-dish and sprinkle with the remaining parmesan cheese and mozzarella cheese over top.
- Mix together the panko breadcrumbs, garlic powder and melted butter in a small-bowl. Sprinkle it over the mozzarella. Bake uncovered on the center rack for 15 minutes, or till the panko crust turns golden-brown.
- Serve alone or with salad, veggies and/or breadsticks.
For make this recipe later, you can PIN IT!
Please, if you like this Chicken Parmesan and Pasta Casserole recipe, don’t forget to give the STAR RATE (★★★★★) or comment below. Thanks. You can see the full recipe here thelazydish.