These chicken kebabs are tender and juicy thanks to a delicious yogurt marinade. These kebabs are easy to prepare on the grill or in oven and come with a Middle Eastern spice mix. This is so easy and healthy dinner.
They are quick and easy to make, can be paired with any side dish, but most importantly, they are delicious. These kebabs are marinated in lemon juice, olive oil, yogurt, garlic blend of Middle Eastern spices to tenderize and flavor the chicken overnight. They are then baked in the oven for quick cleanup.
These homemade-kebabs are so simply to prepare and this is one of the best ways to make the juicy, most tender chicken ever.
I prefer to use metal skewers. However, if you are using wooden skewers I recommend that they be soaked in water for at most half an hour before being used. This will prevent them from getting burned in the oven.
Marinated Chicken Kebabs
- 2 lb boneless skinless chicken thighs removed of excess fat and cut into bite-sized pieces
- garlic turmeric rice or any other sides such as naan or salad to serve
- fresh parsley and/or lemon wedges to serve optional
- 1 cup red onion red and green bell pepper or any vegetables of choice, optional
For Yogurt Marinade
- 1 cup plain yogurt 2% or full fat recommended
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp cumin
- ½ tsp black pepper or more to taste
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tsp oregano dried or 1 tbsp fresh
- ½ tbsp kosher salt or more to taste
- Mix all ingredients together in a large-container. Toss in the bell peppers, red onion, chicken and other ingredients. Cover and let cool in the fridge for at least 8 hours or overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 450°F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil or other material. Thread the marinated chicken and vegetables on skewers and bake for 20-25 minutes, or till cooked through & golden-brown. Flip the skewers halfway through.
- Optional: Switch the oven to broil for 2-3 minutes to get a lightly charred look. Serve immediately with lemon wedges and/or parsley.
Please, if you like this Easy Marinated Chicken Kebabs recipe, don’t forget to give the STAR RATE (★★★★★) or comment below. Thanks. You can see the full recipe here cookerru.