Marinated Chicken Kebabs
These chicken kebabs are tender and juicy thanks to a delicious yogurt marinade. These kebabs are easy to prepare on the grill or in oven and come with a Middle Eastern spice mix. This is so easy and healthy dinner.
- 2 lb boneless skinless chicken thighs removed of excess fat and cut into bite-sized pieces
- garlic turmeric rice or any other sides such as naan or salad to serve
- fresh parsley and/or lemon wedges to serve optional
- 1 cup red onion red and green bell pepper or any vegetables of choice, optional
For Yogurt Marinade
- 1 cup plain yogurt 2% or full fat recommended
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp cumin
- ½ tsp black pepper or more to taste
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tsp oregano dried or 1 tbsp fresh
- ½ tbsp kosher salt or more to taste
Mix all ingredients together in a large-container. Toss in the bell peppers, red onion, chicken and other ingredients. Cover and let cool in the fridge for at least 8 hours or overnight.
Preheat the oven to 450°F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil or other material. Thread the marinated chicken and vegetables on skewers and bake for 20-25 minutes, or till cooked through & golden-brown. Flip the skewers halfway through.
Optional: Switch the oven to broil for 2-3 minutes to get a lightly charred look. Serve immediately with lemon wedges and/or parsley.